Join Us at playLabNYU
At playLabNYU, we engage in rigorous applied and evaluation research with a specific focus on the role of play in promoting positive development for young children. Our lab offers opportunities for high school, undergraduate and graduate students pursuing studies and careers in intervention and evaluation, research, education, and/or program development through a critical developmental lens. Our current work aims to: (1) examine the role of play and executive function in developing civically engaged children and youth; (2) document opportunities and access to playful learning across different contexts for young children; (3) evaluate the longitudinal efficacy of a play-based home visitation intervention. Students who are curious about the value of play, issues of social justice, and are interested in gaining hands-on research experience working with ethnically/racially diverse low-income families and children, are encouraged to apply.
Please Note: Applications are reviewed each semester and all positions require a two-semester commitment and minimum of 12 hours per week.
Fall 2016: Interested Applicants are Invited to Complete an Online Application.
Early Experiences Matter: Opportunities (For Upper Level Undergraduate and Graduate Students)
- Data Entry, Database Creation, and Support for Longitudinal Analysis
- Field Work Including: Retention Strategies, Consenting Participants, Workshops, and Data Collection
- Curriculum Development
- Writing of Training Guides
- Community Engagement
- Support for Grant Writing
- Literature Searches and Reviews
- Support for Professional Development Training
- Mandatory Supervision Meetings on Fridays from 10 am to 11 am
- Mandatory Team Meetings on Tuesdays from 10 am to 11 am
- Start Date is August 30, 2016
- Accepting Applications Until Positions are Filled
- See Flyer for More Details